Kourtney P. Lyda is in the Restructuring Practice Group of Haynes and Boone. Her practice is focused on the areas of bankruptcy and insolvency law and related litigation.
Selected Client Representations :
- Represented Dune Energy, Inc. as Debtor-in-Possession in Chapter 11.
- Representation of ATA Airlines, Inc. in a chapter 11 bankruptcy case involving the wind-down and liquidation of its operations and assets
- Representation of the DIP Agent and Pre-Petition Second Lien Agent in the chapter 11 case of Marcal Paper Mills, Inc. on behalf of the secured lenders who are owed collectively over $140 million
- Representation of Gemini Air Cargo, Inc. and its affiliates in a pre-negotiated chapter 11 bankruptcy involving a debt for equity conversion and emergence under a plan of reorganization within six months
- Representation of secured lenders in the Galey & Lord Industries, Inc. — Chapter 11 case
- Representation of secured lenders, unsecured creditors and debtors in a variety of industries including numerous oil and gas, power and energy related bankruptcies.
- LL.M., Taxation, University of Houston Law Center, 2000
- J.D., University of Tulsa, 1999
- B.S., Texas A&M University, 1996, cum laude
- Honorable William Greendyke, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas (2000 to 2002)
ADMISSIONS : Texas, 1999
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
Rate : $$$