Kraig Baker focuses on advising clients and providing assistance with intellectual property licensing and operational contracts across the full range of issues in technology, innovation, media, entertainment, sports, advertising, privacy, and social media matters, with a particular emphasis on mobile, innovative technology, digital media, and interactive entertainment.
He is also an instructor in the Communication Leadership graduate program in the School of Communication at the University of Washington, where he has taught classes on “Law of Digital Distribution, Interactive Media, and Content” and “Law and Privacy Issues with Data, Wearables, Internet of Things, and Artificial Intelligence” since 2001.
He also has taught the law section of the Advanced Interactive Marketing and Social Media certificate programs at the University of Washington. He is also a regular speaker on cutting edge issues including trends in digital media, Big Data, artificial intelligence, the internet of things, use of social media, and legal issues of innovation and disruption.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Instructor, Masters of Communication in Digital Media, Communication Leadership, Department of Communication, University of Washington, 2001-present
- Instructor, Advanced Interactive Marketing Certificate, Extension Office, University of Washington, 2009-2014
- Guest Lecturer, Digital Publishing Certificate, Extension Office, University of Washington, 2012-2013
- Guest Lecturer, Social Media Certificate, Extension Office, University of Washington, 2013-2016
- President, Board of Directors – Seattle International Film Festival Group, 2002-2016
- Jury Member, Innovation Cycle Funding Round, Washington Film Works, 2013
- External Advisory Board, Masters in Communication Leadership Program, University of Washington
- Incubator Committee, Cornish College of the Arts
- Steering Committee, Gaming Community; Organizing Committee, Full ConTech – Washington Technology Innovation Association
- Co-coordinator, Zino Society Entertainment Investment Forum
- United Way Ambassador; Chair – DWT United Way Campaign, 2008-2014
- NW Region Delegate, American Bar Association Forum on Entertainment and Sports Law
- Agenda Committee, Entertainment Law Conference, Media Law Resource Center, 2010-2011
- Past Chair, Lex Mundi Committee on Media and Entertainment
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 1995
- Topics Editor; Director of Development – University of Washington Law Review
- B.L.S., Journalism, Film & Theater, Bowling Green State University, 1990
Rate : $$$