Kristal Leonard has experience in a wide range of legal matters, including employment, litigation, natural resource, and business transactions. She assists in counseling employers on how to comply with laws governing hiring and terminations, leaves of absence, payment of wages and overtime, personnel policies, and a wide array of other employment issues.
She also helps defend employers against workplace disputes in agency and state court proceedings, including a petition for review to the Alaska Supreme Court. Outside of employment law Kristal has experience handling matters in a variety of different industries, such as preparation of reports analyzing oil and gas leases, mineral claim administration maintenance, and navigating corporate requirements and compliance. Kristal was born and raised in Wasilla, Alaska.
- Summer Associate, Davis Wright Tremaine, Anchorage, Alaska, 2013
- Volunteer Student Intern, Executive Office for Immigration Review, Philadelphia Immigration Court, Philadelphia, 2013
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistant, Campaign for Working Families, Philadelphia, 2012
- Assistant to Director of the North American-European Department, Lan Peng Law Office, Beijing, 2010
Professional & Community Activities:
- Anchorage Association of Women Lawyers
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Employment Section – Alaska Bar Association
- J.D., Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, 2014, magna cum laude
- Special Events Coordinator, Brehon Law Society
- B.A., Global Studies, East Asian Studies, University of the Pacific, 2011, summa cum laude
- National Security Education Program Boren Scholarship
Rate : $$$$