Kristen Murphy focuses on health care transactions. She has represented a wide range of health care clients including physicians, group practices, hospitals, managed care plans, health systems, health care clinics, nursing homes, transitional living facilities, and continuing care retirement communities.
Her experience includes negotiating and drafting employment, professional services, independent contractor, physician recruitment, management, operation transfer, and business associate agreements. Kristen has also addressed issues related to licensing; Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement; Stark Law, anti-kickback, fraud and abuse; and HIPAA and HITECH.
In addition, Kristen has general corporate experience that includes drafting documents such as articles of incorporation, articles of dissolution, operating agreements, bylaws, and resolutions, as well as analyzing corporate governance agreements and regulations.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law (J.D., ,cum laude, 2016)
- University of Florida (B.S., cum laude, 2013)
- Smith Hulsey & Busey
- Associate (2016-2018)
- Summer Associate (2015)
- The Honorable Michael J. Newman, U.S. District Court, Dayton OH
- Summer Extern (2014)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar, Health Law Section
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers
Rate : $$$$