Kristen M. Beystehner focuses her practice on general corporate counseling, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions for public companies, private businesses and private equity firms.
In addition to mergers and acquisitions, her experience includes working with clients to structure and implement strategic alliance relationships; advising clients on domestic and international commercial contract negotiation; and assisting borrowers and lenders in financing transactions.
Kristen regularly counsels clients regarding entity formation and organization, dissolutions, liquidations and corporate governance matters. Kristen has been recognized as a Georgia Super Lawyers “Rising Star” and was selected by her peers as a member of Georgia Trend’s Legal Elite. She has also been recognized by The Legal 500 for her M&A work for middle-market clients.
While in law school, Kristen served as editor-in-chief of the Journal of Intellectual Property Law. As an undergraduate, she was a four-time varsity letter winner on the Northwestern University women’s golf team and a member of the first team in the university’s history to compete in the NCAA Division I Women’s Golf Championships.
- University of Georgia School of Law, 2004, JD, cum laude
- Northwestern University, 2001, BA, with honors
Admissions and qualifications:
- New York
- The Home Depot: Representation of The Home Depot in connection with its acquisition of MeasureComp, L.L.C., and CompuMeasure LLC, which provide measurement and quote-building services, and in connection with its acquisition of HD Supply Hardware Solutions (formerly known as Crown Bolt), which supplies fasteners and builders hardware to retailers.
- LINPAC Group: Representation of UK-based LINPAC Group, an international market leader in the manufacture and marketing of plastic packaging and supply chain products and services, in connection with the sale of its Ropak Packaging business to BWAY Corporation, a portfolio company of Platinum Equity.
- Aaron’s, Inc.: Representation of Aaron’s, Inc., a leader in US sales and lease ownership and specialty retailer, in its purchase of an 11.5 percent economic interest in Perfect Home Holdings Limited, a privately held UK rent-to-own company.
- Reed Elsevier: Representation of UK- and Netherlands-based Reed Elsevier and its subsidiaries in a variety of transactions across North America, including Canada and Mexico.
- Geolo Capital: Represented the San Francisco private equity firm in the merger of its portfolio company, Commune Hotels, with Destination Hotels, a subsidiary of Los Angeles-based Lowe Enterprises.
Activities and Affiliations : “Preparing for a Sale of the Business,” ICLE presentation, November 2012
Rate : $$$$