Board certified in Appellate Practice by The Florida Bar, Kristen M. Fiore’s practice focuses on complex appellate matters. Prior to joining Akerman, Kristen served as a senior staff attorney for Florida Supreme Court Justice Barbara Pariente and a staff attorney for Fourth District Court of Appeal Judge Fred Hazouri.
During her clerkships at both the highest and intermediate levels of appellate courts in Florida, she reviewed hundreds of briefs and participated in countless appeals, exposing her to a broad range of appellate issues and providing clients invaluable insight in framing compelling arguments and preservation of error issues during the trial stage of litigation.
Kristen’s extensive experience encompasses civil and administrative cases touching on a wide range of law, including constitutional issues, discovery, class actions, damages, bankruptcy, malpractice, probate, Indian law, taxation, and family, among others. Significant areas of focus in her appellate work include financial, insurance, and labor and employment disputes.
Prior to entering the practice of law, Kristen held several roles in human resources and general management in the financial services and consulting industries. Kristen’s diverse background provides her unique perspective into the intricate issues facing her clients.
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 2006, cum laude, Inter-American Law Review, Associate Editor; Inter-American Citator, Editor
- B.A., Barnard College, Columbia University, Political Science, 2000, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Professional Experience :
- Senior Staff Attorney to Justice Barbara J. Pariente, Supreme Court of Florida, 2008-2010
- Judicial Law Clerk to Judge Fred A. Hazouri, Fourth District Court of Appeal, 2006-2008
- Judicial Intern to Magistrate Judge Stephen T. Brown, United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2004
- The Florida Bar, Appellate Practice Section, Member
- Tallahassee Bar Association, Member
- First District Court of Appeal Appellate Inn of Court, Member
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeal Historical Society, Member
- Justice Teaching, Volunteer
Rate : $$$