Kristen McDanald focuses her practice on insurance coverage from providing practical advice regarding managing extra-contractual risk exposure to representing carriers in active litigation. Kristen has first and second chair trial experience, in a variety of civil litigation matters, and also has appellate experience.
She has taught evening classes on appellate advocacy for five years as an adjunct and is an active volunteer in the community. Prior to graduation, she interned at the Harris County District Attorney’s Office with a temporary law license and participated in more than 200 hearings.
While pursuing a career in civil law, she was also sworn in to the Special Prosecution Unit of the Texas Attorney General’s Office and obtained Guardian ad Litem certification.
- J.D., South Texas College of Law, 2008, Spurgeon E. Bell Scholar; Dean’s Merit Scholar; National Champion Appellate Advocacy; Regional Champion Appellate Advocacy; Heart of the South Texas Advocate
- B.A., University of Texas, Government, 2005, with honors
Bar Admissions : Texas
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Fellow of Houston Young Lawyers Foundation
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Hermann Park Conservancy – Advisory Board Member
- Junior League of Houston
Rate : $$$