Kristen McDermott Woodrum concentrates her practice in the area of healthcare law, including regulatory compliance and transactional matters. Well-versed in the nuances of healthcare law and emerging trends in the healthcare industry, Kristen anticipates potential issues and provides practical counsel while working with clients to structure complex transactions, including acquisitions, joint ventures, and other strategic affiliations and contracting agreements.
Kristen also advises clients on day-to-day operational and compliance matters, including fraud and abuse laws, such as the federal Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute, and the HIPAA; Medicare/Medicaid billing and reimbursement, licensure and accreditation; third-party payor issues; and state fee-splitting, fraud and abuse; and corporate practice of medicine laws.
- Represented a multicampus hospital system in its acquisitions of ancillary facilities, including imaging centers, ambulatory surgery centers, laboratories, urgent care centers and radiation therapy facilities.
- Advised a multicampus hospital system regarding physician-hospital arrangements and provided transactional representation in connection with practice acquisitions; employment, medical director, response and call coverage agreements; and other professional services arrangements.
- Advised a tax-exempt hospital system in evaluation of an ancillary joint venture with physicians and a for-profit management company.
- Assisted a self-funded health plan in structuring diabetes disease management program and negotiated relevant agreements.
- Represented healthcare clients, including manufacturers and distributors, in connection with State Pharmacy Board licensing and regulation requirements.
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Physicians and Hospitals Law Institute, Program Planning Committee (2016, 2017)
- Behavioral Health Task Force
- Business Law and Governance Practice Group, Leadership Development Program (2013 to 2014)
- Georgia Bar, Health Care Section
- Leadership Charleston (2007 to 2008)
- Atlanta Young Professionals in Healthcare Network
- J.D., Tulane University Law School, 2005
- M.B.A., Tulane University, A.B. Freeman School of Business, 2005
- B.A., Clemson University, 1996
Admissions : Georgia, South Carolina.
Rate : $$$$