Kristin Connors has been in practice since 1992 and is the leader of Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey’s healthcare team. Kristin concentrates her practice in the defense of medical malpractice and product liability cases. She is lead and national counsel for several product lines for a large products manufacturer.
Kristin has been approved to serve as trial monitoring counsel for a national insurance/reinsurance corporation for medical malpractice trials involving catastrophic injuries in the northeast and mid-Atlantic states.
That trial experience benefits various health care clients in Kristin’s representation of them in state administrative and regulatory proceedings before the Department of Public Health, the Office of Health Care Access and the Office of Medicare Hearings and Appeals. She also serves as monitoring counsel for physicians.
Kristin counsels healthcare providers regarding issues related to risk management, credentialing, medical staff, peer review, EMTALA, physician recruitment, patient care issues, and medical staff bylaws among many other issues. Kristin lectures to state and national groups on various health care and medical malpractice litigation topics.
Kristin defends high exposure product liability cases for national clients in both state and federal courts throughout the United States.
- American Bar Association, Litigation and Health Law Sections
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Connecticut Bar Association – Litigation, Business and Health Law Sections
- Connecticut Health Lawyers Association
- Connecticut Society for Healthcare Risk Management
- Waterbury Bar Association
- Newtown Youth and Family Services, Board Member
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., 1992
- Villanova University, B.A., 1988
Rate : $$$