Kristin K. Going has helped creditors maximize their recoveries in bankruptcies, federal and state court litigation, and out-of-court negotiations for more than 20 years. She is nationally known for her work representing financial institutions in their capacity as Indenture Trustee, Collateral Agent, and Administrative Agent.
She has in-depth knowledge of the bond industry and the regulations and laws that impact debt securities, as well as significant experience litigating issues related to debt securities in default situations. Kristin’s strength as a lawyer lies in her relentless pursuit of her clients’ goals.
Kristin also routinely advises the Drinker Biddle Health Care team on restructuring issues impacting the health care industry and has gained a keen understanding of the issues and concerns that drive that decision-making for health care clients.
As the head of the Corporate Restructuring Practice at Drinker Biddle, Kristin enjoys being involved in the business of running a law firm almost as much as she enjoys practicing law.
Kristin is very active in the restructuring community and frequently speaks about business restructuring at trade and industry conferences, as well as providing practical seminars for clients.
- Representation of the Indenture Trustee for more than $6 billion of Puerto Rico Government Development Bank Bonds.
- Representation of the Trustee for $1.4B Certificates of Participation in the City of Detroit chapter 9 proceeding and related litigation.
- Representation of Indenture Trustees in project finance bankruptcies, including General Motors, as well as several energy facility bankruptcy cases.
- Multiple representations of Indenture Trustees for trust preferred securities in various bank holding company bankruptcies, including extensive litigation involving the structure of trust preferred securities.
- Representation of Indenture Trustees in cross border bankruptcies, including Smurfit Stone and Escada.
- Representation of secured creditors in hospital chapter 11 cases, including negotiation of use of cash collateral and debtor in possession financing.
- Representation of an ad hoc group of more than 80 brokers in a commercial real estate bankruptcy.
- Representation of hedge funds in avoidance actions and other litigation in Ponzi scheme bankruptcies, including the Madoff bankruptcy and similar bankruptcy cases.
- Representation of various entities in chapter 11 cases involving telecommunications companies, and litigation of issues involving the sale of FCC licenses.
- St. John’s University School of Law, LL.M.
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D.
- Syracuse University, B.A.
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, Maryland, New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$