Kristin MacDonnell is a litigator with experience representing employers in a variety of labor and employment matters, including wage and hour class actions, discrimination and retaliation claims, background check procedures, employee discipline and termination, and other related matters.
Her experience also encompasses internal investigations and, as part of her pro bono practice, asylum representation and impact litigation.
- Represented United Airlines in a class action brought by pilots who were California residents but worked primarily outside California alleging violations of California labor law. Court granted summary judgment in United’s favor on ground that California labor law did not apply to plaintiffs.
- Represented The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, LLC in case involving allegations that the company’s practices around service charges in the banquet department violate California’s tip statute. Obtained a full defense verdict after a bench trial.
- US District Court, Southern District of California
- University of California Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 2015: magna cum laude; Executive Articles Editor, Hastings Law Journal; National Appellate Advocacy Moot Court Competition
- City University of New York, M.S., Education, 2010
- University of California at San Diego, B.A., Literature, 2008
- US District Court for the Northern District of California, Honorable Charles R. Breyer
Rate : $$$$