Kristin Santamaria is an associate in the Investment Management and Private Equity Practice Groups in the Dallas office of Haynes and Boone. Her practice focuses on corporate and business planning matters, with a concentration on investment fund formation and management, capital raising, private equity investments, joint ventures, reorganizations and other strategic transactions across a broad range of industries.
Kristin has experience in a wide range of corporate matters, including:
- Assisting private equity funds, hedge funds and other domestic and offshore private funds pursuing a variety of investment strategies.
- Assisting clients in buy-outs, recapitalizations and restructurings.
- Representing partnerships and limited liability companies in connection with joint venture transactions.
- Assisting clients in general corporate matters.
- Representing fund managers in negotiation of equity ownership structures, governance issues and equity incentive plans.
- Representing institutional investors in their investments into hedge funds, private equity and venture capital funds and fund of funds.
- Assisting an established fund manager in connection with the formation and documentation of multiple single-investor partnerships.
Professional and Community Activities :
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Wall Street Women
- J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2013, magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; SMU Law Review Association, Articles Editor
- B.B.A., Financial Consulting, Southern Methodist University, 2010, BBA Scholars Program
- B.A., Markets and Culture, Southern Methodist University, 2010, cum laude, University Honors Program
- Intern to the Honorable A. Joe Fish, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, July-August 2011
- Legal Extern, U.S. Attorney’s Office, Northern District of Texas, Civil Division, Fall 2011
ADMISSIONS : Texas, 2013
Rate : $$$