Ms. Kristin D. Sostowski balances her practice between employment litigation and counseling, representing New Jersey and national employers. She is the Team Leader of the firm’s Higher Education practice and handles a wide range of employment matters for colleges and universities.
Ms. Sostowski provides strategic counsel to clients at all phases of the employment relationship, tackling and resolving her clients’ thorniest employment challenges. Known for her tenacious advocacy, strategic approach, and attention to detail, Ms. Sostowski advises employers regarding compliance with federal and state workplace laws, pre-litigation risk avoidance, and defense of workplace-related disputes.
She represents companies and managers in employment litigation in state and federal courts and agencies, with an emphasis on discrimination, harassment, retaliation, whistleblower, and restrictive covenant matters.
Ms. Sostowski also provides employment law advice to in-house counsel and human resources professionals in a variety of industries, including higher education, technology, pharmaceuticals, financial services, healthcare, and public and nonprofit entities. She counsels clients regarding compliance with employment laws, as well as employment issues arising during and after corporate transactions.
Ms. Sostowski has for two decades been a passionate advocate for women’s issues, including the advancement of women in the legal profession. She is the President-Elect of the National Association of Women Lawyers (NAWL), the nation’s oldest professional organization devoted to the interests and progress of women lawyers and women’s legal rights. Ms. Sostowski is also a Trustee of the New Jersey Women Lawyers Association and is active in the Harvard Law School Women’s Alliance.
- Harvard Law School (J.D.)
- Executive Board, Harvard Civil Rights-Civil Liberties Law Review
- Swarthmore College (B.A., with high honors)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- State of New Jersey
- Commonweath of Massachusett
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- President-Elect, 2018-Present
- Executive Board, 2014-Present
- Founder and Co-Chair, Pipeline to Equity Partnership Program, 2011-2017
- Board Member at Large, 2011-2014
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association
- Trustee at Large, 2012-Present
- Co-Director of Membership, 2010-2012
- Co-Director of Best Practices, 2008-2010
- National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA)
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Higher Education Committee
Rate : $$$