Kristin Tisdelle is an associate in the firm’s Construction section. Her primary practice areas are construction contracts and litigation. Kristin represents clients in all aspects of construction-related matters, including contract negotiations and drafting, contract administration, and contract claims and disputes.
She has assisted clients with disputes in state and federal courts, arbitrations and mediations. Kristin also has experience with public procurements and has advised clients on issues involving contract and regulatory compliance.
Kristin graduated from Washington and Lee University School of Law, where she actively pursued advocacy work. She was administrator of the Mock Trial Competition, champion of the Negotiations Competition and a finalist in the Mediation Competition.
During law school, she interned in the Bureau of Competition at the Federal Trade Commission, investigating mergers and acquisitions among pharmaceutical companies.
Prior to law school, Kristin worked in-house for the general counsel of a national transportation brokerage firm handling state and local procurement contracts.
Representative Matters :
- Advised a developer in negotiating a construction management agreement for a mixed-use residential and commercial development project.
- Represented a manufacturing facility in an arbitration for an HVAC modernization project, prevailing in the defense of alleged differing site conditions.
- Counseled a commercial property owner in mediation with a general contractor regarding contract interpretation issues and scope of design documents.
- Advised the owner of a condominium renovation project in multiple contract administration issues, including assessment of potential claims against design professionals, the construction manager and trade subcontractors.
- Prevailed in the representation of a construction subcontractor enforcing an international arbitration award in appeal before the U.S. District Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Chair, Government Contracts Section, Fairfax Bar Association, 2017-2018
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Board of Contract Appeals Bar Association
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, J.D., 2016
- University of Mary Washington, B.S., magna cum laude, 2011
BAR ADMISSIONS : Virginia, District of Columbia
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
Rate : $$$