Kristine Waddell is a senior attorney in King & Spalding’s Austin office. A member of the Intellectual Property, Patent, Trademark and Copyright Litigation practice, Kristine focuses on U.S. trademark and patent law. She has worked in the fields of pharmaceuticals, medical devices, consumer products, oil & gas, chemical manufacturing, and solar.
Her experience includes:
- evaluating potential marks and conducting availability searches;
- assessing patentability and patent infringement;
- developing strategies for protecting intellectual property;
- enforcing trademark rights and overseeing trademark disputes;
- preparing and prosecuting trademark and patent applications;
- managing intellectual property due diligence reviews, including transfers of patents, trademarks and copyrights in connection with mergers and acquisitions;
- conducting trademark oppositions and cancelation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board;
- conducting domain name disputes via the ICANN arbitration procedure; and
- preparing and negotiating intellectual property, software and technology licenses and agreements.
Prior to joining King & Spalding, Kristine most recently was counsel in the intellectual property group at Norton Rose Fulbright. She is admitted to the bar of the states of Texas and Arizona and is registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Rate : $$$