Kristopher J. Verra focuses his practice on the defense of companies involved in individual and complex tort and product liability matters. Kris has represented companies in a variety of industries, including chemical manufacturing, construction, pharmaceutical and medical device, alarm services and life safety and cigarettes.
His work includes managing a jurisdictional docket of smoking-and-health cases, and he develops and executes strategies for defending against each case on his docket. Kris has served on dozens of case teams and trial teams in the defense of personal injury and wrongful death cases in both state and federal court.
In addition to docket management, Kris’ work includes deposing plaintiffs and experts, attending hearings and participating in mediation. He has experience in all aspects of litigation including pretrial fact investigation and discovery, expert discovery, motion practice, trial and appellate work.
Kris has developed a deep knowledge of financial damages in litigation, focusing especially on how to combat or mitigate them. He has deposed expert economists on damages calculations and pursued aggressive motions practice challenging opposing parties’ damages models.
Kris is also committed to serving his community. As part of his pro bono work, Kris volunteers as an attorney ad litem for Crossroads for Florida Kids, Inc. and has served as a guardian ad litem. He also serves as treasurer on the board of directors for the PACE Center for Girls’ Hillsborough branch, and on Shook’s Pro Bono and Associates’ committees.
- J.D., summa cum laude, Stetson University College of Law, 2006
- Graduated first in class
- Full Academic Scholarship, Merit Recipient
- Stanley Milledge Award for Excellence
- Intern to the Hon. Craig C. Villanti, Florida’s Second District Court of Appeal
- Intern to the Hon. James D. Whittemore, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, Tampa Division
- Stetson Law Review
- M.Acc., University of Florida Fisher School of Accounting, 2002
- Joseph Lumia Memorial Fellowship
- B.S., with high honors, University of Florida Fisher School of Accounting, 2002
- Bright Futures Full Academic Scholarship
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- American Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- PACE Center for Girls (Hillsborough), Board of Directors
- Crossroads for Florida Kids, Inc., Volunteer Attorney Ad Litem, Former Guardian Ad Litem
Rate : $$$$