Kurt Peterson focuses his environmental law practice on hazardous waste cleanup, cost recovery and allocation of environmental liabilities under federal and state Superfund laws with a particular emphasis on sediment cleanup and landfill sites.
He has helped many clients navigate through the environmental cleanup and brownfields real estate redevelopment process in order to efficiently resolve liabilities at federal and state hazardous waste cleanup sites.
Kurt represents a wide range of clients in environmental law matters, including Fortune 500 companies, big cities and counties, local and regional businesses, ports, small municipalities, environmental trusts and public agencies.
Kurt has recovered significant cleanup costs from other responsible parties in contribution litigation and from claims under historic insurance policies. In addition to litigation successes, he also has helped clients reach favorable results through allocation arbitrations and mediations. Kurt has a wealth of experience in locating and pursuing valuable insurance assets to cover environmental cleanup costs.
- J.D., Willamette University College of Law (cum laude), 1997
- B.A., University of Washington, 1994
- Washington, 1997
- Oregon, 2007
- Washington State Bar Association, Environmental and Land Use Law Section, Member
- Oregon State Bar Association, Environmental and Natural Resources Section, Member
- American Bar Association
- King County Bar Association, Environmental Law and Land Use Section, Member
- Foster Pepper PLLC, Member, 2016-Present
- Cascadia Law Group PLLC, Partner, 1999-2016
- Washington State Attorney General’s Office
Rate : $$$