G. Kurt Dettinger is a trusted advisor to senior executives in major corporations operating in the oil and gas, gaming, technology, insurance, energy, capital markets, healthcare, finance, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, emergency response, hospitality and economic development industries. In many of these industries, clients call upon him to not only provide legal advice essential to their decision-making, but to also interface with policymakers to guide their strategic initiatives through governmental processes.
Mr. Dettinger’s legal practice is focused on transactional and regulatory matters, and his government relations practice is focused on the legislative and executive branches of West Virginia state government where he represents clients before both chambers of the West Virginia Legislature, the Governor’s office and executive-branch agencies.
His perspective on how to approach an issue is shaped by his substantial legal experience, business acumen, strategic vision, and policy knowledge. Mr. Dettinger leads the Firm’s Government Relations practice and is the Practice Group Leader of the Firm’s Energy Policy and Project Finance practice group. His legal experience includes both private and public-sector service, and he invests himself fully in helping clients achieve goals that are essential to the success of their business interests.
- Represented Fortune 500 company in realigning its mineral ownership in conjunction with a pre-divestiture restructuring
- Represented various exploration and production companies in acquisition and divestiture transactions
- Served as lead counsel to international and regional investment banking firms in conjunction with the underwriting and sale of taxable and tax-exempt bond transactions totaling in excess of $1 billion
- Advised international company regarding economic incentive opportunities in West Virginia
- Regularly represents clients across industries before the legislative and executive branches of government in West Virginia
- J.D. West Virginia University
- B.B.A. Marshall University
- Trustee and Chairman of Legal Committee, West Virginia Investment Management Board (appointed by Governor Tomblin for a six-year term: 2013-2019)
- West Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Public Affairs Committee, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Chairman, WV Marcellus to Manufacturing Task Force, 2011-2012
- Governor’s Designee & Member, West Virginia Consolidated Public Retirement Board, 2010-2012
- Governor’s Designee & Member, West Virginia Law Institute, 2010-2012
Rate : $$$$