Kurt P. Gruber focuses his practice on real estate and hospitality law, with a concentration on the shared ownership and vacation industries. He works with clients on matters involving timeshares and fractionals, condominiums, vacation rentals, travel products, exchange products, resort management, and owner associations.
Having previously served as general counsel to a timeshare development and management corporation, he has unique insight into and understanding of his clients’ businesses, and provides practical advice and assistance with issues that arise in the day-to-day operations of such businesses.
- Regularly participates in drafting and passing shared ownership legislation throughout both United States and non-United States jurisdictions, including providing assistance to and representing the American Resort Development Association (ARDA) in such efforts.
- Provides legal advice and counseling in connection with development of shared ownership products and structures, both for smaller companies developing single-site projects and for major players in the industry, including recognized hospitality brands, developing multisite projects. Most recently assisted a major hospitality company in structuring a new advanced timeshare product using a trust and owners’ association platform.
- Drafts legal documentation to create shared ownership and community developments, including master declarations, declarations of condominium, declarations of timeshare plans, related easements and owner association documents.
- Drafts consumer purchase and financing documents for the sale and financing of vacation products, including related disclosure documents, escrow agreements and security instruments.
- Provides advice concerning resort management and operation matters, including owner association and board of director issues, budget development and reserve requirements, property management and reservation, and use plan issues.
- American Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- American Resort Development Association (ARDA)
Community : University of Central Florida: Guest Lecturer and Timeshare Advisory Board Member
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, 1988
- B.A., The University of Texas, 1985, high honors
Admissions : Florida
Rate : $$$$