Kurt L. Krieger focuses his practice in the areas of utility regulation and energy law. He has experience representing interstate natural gas pipeline companies, midstream companies, and gas and electric utilities before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), and state and commonwealth public service (or utility) commissions.
His experience includes counseling gas and electric companies on economic, safety and facility siting regulation, and counseling and drafting commercial agreements pertaining to energy-related transactions. Mr. Krieger has experience with all types of state and federal rate-related, rate-making, tariff, facility expansion, certificate, complaint, and rule-making matters, and federal enforcement proceedings before the FERC.
He developed, implemented, and managed a FERC compliance program for interstate natural gas pipeline companies and gas and electric utilities, counseled extensively on rate, tariff, and certificate matters, standards of conduct and code of conduct issues; and developed training on numerous energy-related and regulated utility topics.
He previously counseled clients on coal mine health and safety matters, and on federal tax and general business aspects of corporate acquisitions, mergers, reorganizations, and executive compensation.
- Represent and counsel all segments of natural gas industry in federal (FERC) and state (PSC) regulatory matters
- Represent and counsel producers on FERC-jurisdictional, gas gathering transport limited-certificate applications
- Regularly counsel clients on (and draft and negotiate) commercial gas gathering, transportation, midstream and commodity purchase and sale transactions and agreements
- Represented natural gas midstream, distribution and pipeline companies in state public utility commission and FERC matters
- Represented utilities and pipelines in rate, cost recovery, technical conference, rulemaking, tariff, service, expansion, abandonment, and construction related matters
- Represented electric generation companies in state public utility commission and FERC matters, including PURPA matters
- Represented FERC-regulated companies on numerous FERC enforcement matters
- Represented public utilities on rulemaking, RTO, interconnection, and rate matters
- Represented clients regarding renewable portfolio standards and credits, and siting of renewable energy electric generation facilities
- Represented electric utility in base-rate case before state commission
- J.D. West Virginia University
- B.S. Wheeling Jesuit University
- Executive Editor, West Virginia Law Review 1987-1988
- Edward Gannon, S.J. Collegian of the Year 1985
- Graduated magna cum laude, Wheeling Jesuit University
- Independent Petroleum Association of America
- Institute for Energy Law
- Chair, Regulatory Committee, Utilities, Telecommunications & Energy Coalition of WV
Rate : $$$