Kwabena A. Appenteng counsels employers on a range of day-to-day employment issues with a focus on workplace privacy issues, including:
- Biometric data privacy issues
- Social media issues and drafting social media policies
- The Federal Wiretap Act
- Workplace searches
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
Kwabena has been certified by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) as a Certified Information Privacy Professional for the U.S. and Europe (CIPP/US; CIPP/E), which demonstrates his understanding of global concepts of privacy and data protection law and practice, and how these components apply in the workplace.
Kwabena is also experienced in representing clients in unfair competition and trade secret litigation, and regularly defends clients in employment discrimination actions in federal and state courts and before administrative agencies.
A frequent writer on privacy, social media, and unfair competition topics, Kwabena has been published in a variety of publications including Law360, Inside Counsel Magazine, and SHRM, and routinely speaks on employment related issues.
Prior to joining Littler, Kwabena was an associate in the Chicago office of another international labor and employment law firm. During law school, he served as an extern for the Hon. P. Scott Neville Jr. of the Illinois Appellate Court.
- J.D., John Marshall Law School, 2008
- B.A., Illinois Wesleyan University, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Member, National Employment Law Council
- Former Member, Business Services Advisory Board, Illinois Chamber of Commerce
- Former Member, Associate Board, The Chicago Committee on Minorities in Large Law Firms
Rate : $$$$