Kye Walker received her Juris Doctor from the University of Pennsylvania Law School in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 2001. Upon graduation, she served as a Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Virgin Islands Supreme Court Justice Maria M. Cabret when Justice Cabret was Presiding Judge of the Virgin Islands Superior Court.
Kye is admitted to practice in the Virgin Islands, the District Court of the Virgin Islands, the Second Circuit Court of Appeals, the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Before joining Stockham Law Group, Kye served as Managing Counsel to the Legislature of the U.S. Virgin Islands, Senior Executive Assistant to the Chairman and CEO of a global financial services company, and as a litigation associate in a Virgin Islands litigation firm before founding her own litigation practice in the Virgin Islands in 2011.
Since then she was appointed by the District Court of the Virgin Islands to serve as the CJA District Panel Representative and chaired the Committee for the selection of the District’s Chief Probation Officer. She is a Board Member of the American Association for Justice, formerly ATLA, and is also a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Kye is a skilled trial attorney having tried cases in the territorial and federal courts of the Virgin Islands and the Southern District of New York. Her litigation experience includes successfully pursuing and defending appeals involving constitutional law and matters of first impression in the Virgin Islands.
In 2009 she was appointed by Virgin Islands Governor John deJongh to the St. Croix District Governing Board of the Juan F. Luis Hospital and served as Chairman of the Board.
As Of Counsel for the Stockham Law Group, Kye represents Virgin Islands homeowners and business owners in property damage insurance litigation claims in the Virgin Islands.
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, J.D. (2001)
- Florida A&M University, Tallahassee, FL, B.S., (1998)
- Virgin Islands Bar, former Chair of the Legislative and Law Reform Committee
- District Court of the Virgin Islands
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of the United States
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Association for Justice, Board Member- Graduate of AAJ’s Leadership Academy
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Good Hope Country Day School, Trustee
Rate : $$$