Kyle A. Dandelet is Cleary Gottlieb’s Pro Bono Immigration Attorney, working with Director of Pro Bono Practice Jennifer L. Kroman to manage the firm’s award-winning pro bono immigration practice.
Kyle maintains an active docket of pro bono immigration cases, representing noncitizens seeking affirmative immigration relief, release from custody and removal defense.
He previously worked as a litigation associate at the firm from 2010 to 2012 and from 2013 to 2015. During this time, he was an active participant in the firm’s pro bono program, working on complex asylum and civil rights matters. From 2012 to 2013, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable Naomi Reice Buchwald of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
From 2015 until rejoining the firm in 2017, Kyle was a senior staff attorney in Sanctuary for Families’ Immigration Intervention Project at the New York City Family Justice Center in the Bronx. He also served as a co-director of the U Visa Project at Columbia Law School.
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Fordham University School of Law
- Board Member, Violence Intervention Program, Inc., 2018-present
- Member, Association of Pro Bono Counsel, 2017-present
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), 2015-present
- Member, AILA National VAWA, U, and T Visa Committee, 2018-present
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2010
- Georgetown University, B.A., 2004
- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
Rate : $$$