Kyle A. Diamantas is a senior associate in the Firm’s Orlando office. Mr. Diamantas focuses his practice on civil litigation and regulatory compliance, with an emphasis on United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC), and state equivalent regulatory and compliance issues and disputes.
He assists in the representation of drug, device, cosmetic, dietary supplement, food, and consumer product manufacturers and supply chain participants on issues involving labeling, advertising, regulatory and quality compliance, and in transactions and litigation involving products and companies subject to FDA and FTC regulation.
Mr. Diamantas also routinely assists clients on enforcement matters and issues involving the United States Department of Agriculture, the Consumer Product Safety Commission, and the National Advertising Division.
Mr. Diamantas’ experience includes multi-district, class action and mass action litigation, including multi-district products liability litigation related to a blockbuster antipsychotic drug, multi-district antitrust litigation alleging anticompetitive behavior on the part of automobile insurers, talcum powder products liability litigation, and litigation stemming from the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. Mr. Diamantas also has experience in political campaign and election law matters.
Additionally, Mr. Diamantas is a member of Baker Donelson’s 24-Hour Motor Carrier Emergency Response Team, a group of attorneys dedicated to providing rapid post-accident intervention and investigation throughout the Firm’s footprint and beyond, whenever and wherever needed. Mr. Diamantas has handled numerous investigations of commercial motor vehicle fatality accidents, and litigated dozens of transportation cases across Florida.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., 2013, magna cum laude
- University of Central Florida, B.A. Political Science, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Representation as counsel for a large international pharmaceutical company, defending the company against product liability claims asserted by hundreds of individuals relating to one of the company’s most popular drugs.
- Representation as counsel for multiple personal care products companies, defending the companies against claims alleging their talc based products were unsafe and defective.
- Representation as counsel for an important private equity client in multiple acquisitions of dietary supplement, food, cosmetic, and personal care companies and product lines exceeding $500,000,000 in total invested capital.
- Representation as counsel for various automobile insurers before the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals stemming from multi-district antitrust litigation throughout the country and consolidated in Florida.
- Obtained multiple federal court dismissals in multi-district antitrust litigation alleging that automobile insurers engaged in anticompetitive behavior and other unlawful conduct to control and reduce prices paid to plaintiffs for automobile damage repair, labor, and material
- Representation as counsel of an international manufacturer of building products in multi-district litigation out-opt state court product liability cases throughout Florida.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – The Florida Bar
- Member – Orange County Bar Association
- Member – American Bar Association
- Notary Public, Florida
- Member – University of Central Florida Young Alumni Council
Rate : $$$$