In his litigation practice, Kyle Potts counsels clients on the many issues that surface in insurance defense matters including premises liability and other casualty claims. The spectrum of his practice has ranged from representing corporations in multi-district litigation relating to pharmaceutical and product liability claims to defending trucking companies in property and personal injury matters.
With ample experience handling nautical disputes and offshore matters, Kyle leads the firm’s Maritime Team and litigates claims under the General Maritime Law and Jones Act. Many of these claims involve personal injury and/or property damage that stem from incidents on vessels and platforms, including vessel collisions and allisions.
He also offers counsel on conflicts connected to vessel seizures and claims arising on the Outer Continental Shelf, and has also represented clients in US Coast Guard investigations. Kyle is a regular speaker at IRMI’s Energy Risk and Insurance Conference. Kyle frequently assists pro bono clients with intra-family adoptions and participates regularly in the firm’s HUGS program.
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, J.D., 1999
- University of Texas at Arlington, B.A., 1996
Professional Affiliations & Memberships:
- Federal Bar Association, New Orleans Chapter Board Member
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Thomas More Inn of Court
- Jefferson Performing Arts Society, Board of Directors
Rate : $$$