Kyle Richard Olson assists clients with complex commercial litigation, at both the trial and appellate levels, and on international arbitration. Kyle has also authored several articles related to international law in newspapers and legal publications, including the Chicago Tribune and McGill University Journal of Dispute Resolution.
Prior to starting full-time practice at the Firm, he served in the appeals division of the Office of the Prosecutor for the United Nations International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia in The Hague.
Kyle supports clients across a range of industries that include consumer products, large-scale manufacturing, pharmaceutical, public healthcare systems, and commercial lending. Kyle has handled multiple trials and has second-chaired four multi-million dollar international arbitrations through the merits hearing phase.
Kyle has taken and defended several depositions, successfully written and presented oral argument on numerous dispositive motions, and conducted direct and cross-examinations of witnesses.
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D. cum laude) (2009)
- King’s College London, UK (M.A. Merit) (2006)
- Wake Forest University (B.A. magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa) (2004)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit~United States (2017)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois~United States (2010)
- Illinois~United States (2010)
- Kyle maintains an active pro bono practice, having successfully led multiple cases for indigent clients in state and federal courts.
- Honored with Baker McKenzie’s Robert L. Berner Jr. Pro Bono and Public Service Award of Excellence, 2011, 2017
- Recipient, Outstanding Pro Bono Volunteer award for pro bono commitment, 2010-2014 and 2016
- Managing Editor, Northwestern Journal of International Human Rights (while in law school)
- Researcher, Concern Worldwide US, Global Poverty Relief Non-Profit, 2006
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Almost Home Kids – Member, Board of Directors
- American Bar Association – Member
- Chicago Bar Association – Member
- International Bar Association – Member
Rate : $$$