Kyle W. Robisch is an associate in Venable’s Environmental Group in Washington, DC and is a member of the firm’s Hiring Committee. He assists clients with regulatory compliance, permitting, and complex litigation.
His practice focuses on a variety of federal environmental laws and their state analogues, including the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), the Endangered Species Act (ESA), the Clean Water Act (CWA), the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), and the Federal Land Policy and Management Act (FLPMA).
Kyle also routinely advises clients appearing before federal and state agencies, both in and out of court. Prior to joining Venable, Kyle served a two-year clerkship with the Honorable G. Kendall Sharp of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
During his tenure as a law clerk, Kyle drafted numerous orders on dispositive motions and assisted the judge during many civil and criminal trials and hearings. While clerking, Kyle worked on several environmental law cases including, CWA, NEPA, and Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERLCA) cases.
Kyle currently serves as co-chair of the American Bar Association’s Water Resources Committee. He has won multiple legal writing awards for his writing on the role of agency discretion in the administration and enforcement of environmental law.
- Counseling a mining company during its pre-project environmental review and representing it during ensuing ESA, NEPA, and FLPMA litigation.
- Drafting proposed federal public lands legislation with an eye for eventual agency implementation and judicial review.
- Advising an energy extraction company during negotiation and implementation of a land exchange with the U.S. Forest Service.
- Counseling a railroad during its state environmental permitting process and ensuing administrative hearing process.
- Assisting electric utility companies with RCRA compliance.
- Counseling a railroad during a state environmental agency’s investigation of its railroad tie disposal process.
- J.D. Vanderbilt University Law School 2014
- B.A. magna cum laude University of Florida 2011
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, Florida
Court Admissions : U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
Clerk Experience : The Honorable G. Kendall Sharp U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
Professional Memberships :
- Co-Chair, Water Resources Committee, ABA Section on Environment, Energy, and Resources (2017-2018)
- American Road & Transportation Builders Association
- Florida House on Capitol Hill, Young Ambassadors Council
- Florida Association of Environmental Professionals
Rate : $$$