Ms. Kyllan Kershaw focuses her practice primarily on representing management in labor relations matters arising under the National Labor Relations Act, addressing positive employment and union-related issues such as:
- Collective bargaining
- Labor arbitrations
- Election campaigns
- Proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board
- Preventive labor and employee relations practices
Ms. Kershaw has particular experience conducting union vulnerability assessments and preparing employers for election campaigns on a fast-track timeline. She also represents employers in collective-bargaining negotiations and routinely counsels clients on a variety of employee-relations issues, including providing training to management and tailoring employment policies to comply with federal labor laws while still furthering legitimate business interests.
Additionally, Ms. Kershaw provides advice to employers on labor and employment issues associated with business restructuring and represents airline-industry employers governed by the Railway Labor Act. In her employment practice, Ms. Kershaw also represents management in litigation, defending clients against claims of employment discrimination, harassment, violations of wage and hour laws, and other employment litigation.
Ms. Kershaw is heavily involved with the Georgia Association for Women Lawyers, having served in a variety of roles including Co-Chair, Board of Directors, Grants Committee; Coach, Girl Scout Project Mock Trial; and on the Scholarships Committee. She also serves on the Host Committee for the annual fundraiser benefiting the Marcus Autism Center and serves on the Board of Directors of the Atlanta Humane Society.
- J.D., University of Georgia School of Law, cum laude (2009)
- Sonya Yarbrough Gee Memorial Scholarship
- B.A., University of Georgia, magna cum laude (2006)
- Board of Directors for the Atlanta Humane Society
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Association for Women Lawyers (Co-Chair, Board of Directors, Grants Committee; Coach, Girl Scout Project Mock Trial; Scholarships Committee)
Rate : $$$$