L. Jeffrey Hubenak has extensive experience representing a variety of clients in a wide range of corporate finance and real estate transactions, including real estate and non-real estate-related loan originations, workouts, restructures and foreclosures, as well as development, acquisition, leasing and disposition of all types of commercial real estate.
Representative Experience :
- Real Estate Lending : Representation of national money center and regional financial institutions, as well as real estate developers, in construction, development and/or permanent loan facilities secured by real estate and other related collateral, including the following transactions:
- Represented administrative agent for syndicated $105,200,000 senior acquisition/construction loan facility for regional retail shopping center project in Austin, Texas involving local sales and property tax abatements/credits and equity interests in various non-borrower entities as additional collateral.
- Represented administrative agent for syndicated $97,000,000 senior construction loan facility (with Tranche A and Tranche B components) for high-rise apartment project in Maryland involving subordinate mezzanine financing and utilizing documents formulated to reduce recordation fee impact on the borrowing entity.
- Represented administrative agent for syndicated $90,000,000 senior construction loan facility for urban, multi-story retail project in Austin, Texas involving subordinate mezzanine financing and local government development incentives as additional collateral for senior construction loan.
- Represented various financial institution lenders or borrowing entities, as applicable, in mezzanine financing facilities ranging from $2,500,000 million to $20,000,000 for real estate acquisition and/or construction loans.
- Commercial Lending/Corporate Finance : Representation of national money center and regional financial institutions in revolving and term loan credit facilities, highly leveraged acquisition financing and mezzanine/subordinated debt facilities, including the following transactions:
- Represented administrative agent for syndicated unsecured $400,000,000 revolving line of credit and $311,000,000 term loan facilities to a publically traded, investment grade company.
- Represented administrative agent for syndicated $250,000,000 revolving line of credit and $751,000,000 term loan facilities to a publically traded company, with such facilities originally unsecured, but providing for “springing liens” on all assets if debt ratings for the company fell below investment grade.
- Represented lender under unsecured $225,000,000 term loan and $75,000,000 revolving line of credit facilities to a quasi-governmental utility provider.
- Real Estate Acquisition and Development : Representation of a variety of real estate investors, developers and end-users in the development, acquisition, leasing, and disposition of a wide range of commercial real estate, including single family, multi-family, and mixed-use developments, office buildings, retail shopping centers and raw land, including the following transactions:
- Representation of various national and regional Texas home builders in real estate acquisition and development activities, including raw land purchases, financing provided by third-party sellers, acquisitions of partially developed subdivisions and joint residential subdivision development agreements with other homebuilder/developers.
- Representation of developer in conversion of a high-rise hotel and apartment building to a multi-unit, mixed use condominium project in Houston, Texas, with separate condominium units formed to contain the hotel, residential living and parking components.
- Representation of various investors in connection with due diligence and resulting equity transactions for multi-family apartment and condominium developments in Texas, Florida, California, Washington, D.C., Nevada and Virginia.
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, Travis County Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Real Estate Council of Austin
Community Leadership :
- Marywood Children and Family Services Agency, Member of the Board of Directors
- Member, Barton Creek Country Club
- J.D., with honors, The University of Texas School of Law, 1985
- Texas Law Review, 1983 – 1985
- B.B.A., with highest honors, The University of Texas at Austin, 1982
Admissions : Texas, 1985
Rate : $$$