Lacy M. Lawrence has developed a reputation as a “go-to” trial lawyer, with significant experience trying cases in federal and state court and before juries, judges, and arbitrators. She has handled a wide array of complex commercial litigation, including high-stakes financial restructuring and energy-related disputes and matters for telecom, real estate, and accounting firm clients.
Lacy excels at formulating and executing litigation and trial strategies that obtain results and accomplish her clients’ business and legal objectives.
- Commercial trial lawyer who has litigated cases in state and federal courts throughout Texas and across the country.
- Litigated a significant number of contested matters and adversary proceedings in bankruptcy courts in the United States.
- Obtained a complete defense victory after a two-week jury trial in Texas federal court involving a variety of commercial claims and alleged damages in excess of $10 million.
- Successfully prosecuted a motion to dismiss in the Southern District of New York and obtained a complete dismissal of all claims by all plaintiffs alleging $120 million in damages.
- Successfully represented a coalition of 89 Texas school districts in major litigation related to the adequacy of the school finance system in Texas after the state Legislature reduced school funding by more than $5 billion and achieved a favorable ruling after a bench trial lasting more than three months.
Bankruptcy Litigation and Appeal
- Obtained confirmation of a multibillion-dollar plan over the other competing plan after an extended, contested confirmation hearing in the Southern District of Texas Bankruptcy Court.
- Successfully defended against multiple, multimillion-dollar claims for a reorganization trust before the bankruptcy court in the Central District of Illinois.
- Defeated confirmation of the debtors’ plan after a two-week trial in the Central District of California Bankruptcy Court.
- Member, American Bar Association.
- Member, State Bar of Texas.
- Served as an Associate and Barrister with the Patrick E. Higginbotham American Inn of Court.
- Member, board of directors, Dallas Urban Debate Alliance.
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation.
- Texas Super Lawyers – Rising Stars, 2018.
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, with honors, 2006
- B.A., Georgetown University, 2002
Rate : $$$$