Ladd Leavens has extensive experience in real property litigation, including real estate development, land use, transactional, landlord-tenant, and boundary and title issues. Ladd also represents corporate and individual fiduciaries, and charitable and individual beneficiaries in trust and estate matters, including will contests, trust interpretation, fiduciary accountings, and breach of fiduciary duty issues.
Ladd Leavens has litigated a broad spectrum of cases including:
- commercial and contract matters,
- business and real property valuations,
- partnership and LLC disputes and dissolutions,
- shareholder disputes, and,
- tax controversies
He litigates these matters both at the trial and appellate level, and has tried dozens of cases in court and before arbitrators.
- Chair and Co-chair, Firmwide Commercial Litigation Practice, 1995-2004
- Member, Firmwide Executive Committee, 1997-2003
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1975
- Member, Board of Editors, Harvard Law Review
- B.A., University of Virginia, 1970
Rate : $$$