Lana Muranovic counsels U.S. and foreign companies regarding a wide scope of international trade matters. She has extensive experience related to U.S. import and export controls, sanctions, and anti-bribery laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), U.S. economic sanctions and embargo programs, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and the UK Bribery Act.
Lana assists clients with compliance, export jurisdiction and classification issues, licensing determinations, regulatory disclosures, the design and implementation of export and import compliance programs, and enforcement actions.
She conducts audits and internal investigations of existing international trade compliance procedures, and has done so as both outside counsel and a seconded in-house compliance attorney. Lana also drafts, advises and trains corporate clients on the design and practical implementation of corporate compliance procedures and processes.
Lana has experience representing clients before U.S. government agencies, including the Departments of Commerce, State, Defense and Treasury, as well as in litigation proceedings stemming from international trade laws and regulations.
In her practice, Lana has assisted clients across a myriad of industries, including aerospace, agribusiness, biotechnology, communications, information technology, education, electronics, entertainment, healthcare and manufacturing.
- Has analyzed and drafted international trade compliance manuals for a variety of clients, including a holding company for insurance, reinsurance and investment operations around the world; a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative dispensing systems; and an international supplier of precision instrumentation and controls.
- Conducted a trade compliance assessment and investigation on behalf of one of the largest audit, tax and advisory firms in the world.
- Has developed favorable voluntary disclosure outcomes for clients across a wide variety of industries, including on behalf of an identity management software and cloud-based service provider, a medical device and services company, and an aerospace and aviation manufacturer.
- Has assisted clients of all sizes in obtaining export licenses and approvals, including a manufacturer of construction and mining equipment and several pharmaceutical companies.
- Coordinated and drafted the response to a U.S. Customs antidumping and countervailing duty audit of a large manufacturer of high-quality photovoltaic solar cells and modules.
- American Bar Association: International Law Section
- Customs and International Trade Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Association of Women Attorneys
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 2010, Senior Articles Editor, Houston Journal of International Law
- B.A., The University of Texas at Austin, 2007, with high honors, Liberal Arts honors, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$