Lance E. Gibbons focuses his practice on advising clients on the specific workplace implications of federal, state, and local labor and employment laws, with a particular emphasis on the nondiscrimination and affirmative action requirements enforced by the Labor Department’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).
Lance reviews every client affirmative action plan to ensure regulatory compliance, accuracy, and strategy, anticipating the larger legal implications of the information contained in the data analyses.
Lance has more than 15 years of experience counseling and representing employers on matters before the OFCCP, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and other federal, state, and local workplace regulatory and enforcement agencies. Lance provides his clients with a full range of advice and counsel on workplace legal and compliance requirements, including :
- Advising and counseling clients on all workplace compliance requirements applicable to federal government contractors
- Preparing OFCCP desk audit submissions and developing strategic responses to requests for additional information
- Preparing, advising, and representing clients during OFCCP on-site audits and negotiating with OFCCP to resolve alleged violations
- Conducting self-critical analyses of compensation data
- Conducting statistical disparity analyses for reductions in force
- Developing and implementing compliant diversity and inclusion programs.
He also has significant experience using statistical and data analysis tools in the contexts of employer hiring decisions and applicant tracking, promotions, and terminations. Prior to joining Littler, Lance was a partner at a Washington, D.C., firm where he advised employers on managing their workplace compliance risks.
He also served as assistant general counsel to a related employer association. He previously served as senior counsel to Member Peter C. Schaumber at the National Labor Relations Board from 2004 to 2007. As such, he offered advice on legal issues and policy questions and represented Member Schaumber in agency proceedings.
- J.D., Ohio Northern University College of Law, 1999
- B.S., Miami University, 1996
Courts : U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit
Rate : $$$$