Lance Koonce concentrates his practice on intellectual property litigation and counseling for clients in the advertising, publishing, music, television/film, and consumer products fields, and has extensive experience analyzing the implications of emerging technologies.
Lance also leads DWT’s cross-disciplinary blockchain practice consisting of over two dozen attorneys with a broad range of experience in multiple industries. As a litigator, he has 20 years of experience trying complex commercial cases in state and federal court, including jury trials.
Lance writes and speaks frequently on IP and technology issues, and is the founder of the Creative Block(chain) blog and co-chair of the subcommittee on Intellectual Property and Privacy of the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance’s Legal Industry Working Group, as well as co-chair of the Law & Technology section of the New York County Lawyers Association.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Co-chair, Law & Technology Committee, New York County Lawyers Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Former Chairman and Member of Grants Committee; Member – Copyright Society of the United States
- Former Secretary, Committee on State Courts of Superior Jurisdiction; Member – New York City Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Spring Gala Committee, Pelham Picture House
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law, 1996, with honors
- B.A., English, Duke University, 1988, with honors
Rate : $$$$