M. Lance McCord focuses his practice on outsourcing and commercial agreements, technology licensing, advertising data and targeting agreements, joint ventures and strategic alliances. Mr. McCord regularly assists clients with complex business process and IT outsourcing arrangements, joint ventures and in-bound and out-bound technology licenses. Mr. McCord also assists clients in the online advertising space with data licensing and targeted audience segment agreements.
- Assisted North Georgia vision care retailer group in its strategic acquisition of a privately held retailer of optical products and services headquartered in New Jersey. The transaction involved due diligence on more than 110 locations nationwide. The merger combined the companies into the fourth largest retail optical chain in the United States.
- Represented an acute-care tertiary hospital in connection with the licensing, implementation and support of an enterprise resource platform for management of medical records from Epic Systems Corporation.
- Represented Emageon Inc., a publicly traded medical image software developer, in connection with its merger with AMICAS Inc., a radiology information technology solutions provider. The transaction was structured as a tender offer followed by a short form merger.
- Represented a leading provider in the maritime telecommunications industry, focused solely on the cruise line and ferry sector, in joint venture negotiations and commercial agreements.
- Represented Fortegra Corporation, an insurance services company, in its sale to Summit Partners LP for approximately $110 million.
- Represented publicly traded international hospitality company in connection with the outsourcing of its global information technology help desk and related services to IBM. The transaction was valued at over $40 million and was structured as a sole source negotiation.
- Represented publicly traded energy company in connection with the renegotiation of an agreement for the outsourcing of data center operations and related infrastructure support services to Acxiom. The transaction was structured as a sole source negotiation and was valued at over $30 million.
- Represented a global telecommunications provider in the negotiation of a global managed network services transaction involving the provision of services in over 25 countries in support of the global operations of a major insurance company.
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D. (2006)
- Saint Andrews Presbyterian College, B.A., Mathematics and Philosophy (1997)
- Georgia (2007)
Rate : $$$