Lane Coffey Womack represents clients in domestic and foreign patent prosecution, portfolio management, and intellectual property strategy in the life sciences, biotechnology, and medical device fields. Lane leverages her background as a research scientist to help clients understand the interplay between intellectual property law and the life sciences.
Through her scientific experience, Lane gained expertise in transplantation, molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics and more, thus providing her with unique insight into clients’ patent needs.
Lane’s experience with a range of clients — from industry leaders to start-ups — informs her ability to provide tailored intellectual property advice to meet the needs of each client. Lane also provides insight and assistance on inter-partes review (IPR) proceedings and patent litigation matters.
Lane earned a Ph.D. at the University of Miami, working at the Diabetes Research Institute, where she studied the immunology of islet transplantation in the context of Type 1 diabetes. She served as an adjunct faculty member in the Department of Biology at the Community College of Denver.
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, J.D. Order of St. Ives, University of Denver Law Review (senior editor) (2013)
- University of Miami, Ph.D. in Microbiology and Immunology (2009)
- Sewanee: The University of the South, B.S. in Biology (2003)
Bar Admissions : Colorado, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
Professional Associations :
- Colorado Bar Association
- The Colorado Intellectual Property American Inn of Court
Rate : $$$