Lani Durio is an associate in the firm’s Houston office, where she focuses her practice on labor & employment law. She has experience representing employers in state and federal court on matters relating to the enforcement of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, misappropriation of trade secrets and confidential information, wage and hour disputes, and claims of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Lani has also worked with employers in various industries in developing policies compliant with state and federal law. Lani is an award-winning brief writer and national champion advocate, who participated in South Texas College of Law’s varsity advocacy program in law school.
Over the course of her six total competitions, Lani received a Best Overall Speaker award and five Best Appellate Brief awards. Two years in a row, in 2017 and again in 2018, the American Society of Legal Writers selected one of Lani’s appellate briefs as the second best moot court brief in the country.
Lani received her Bachelor of Science degree in political science from Clarkson University in upstate, New York and was a member, two-year captain, and two-time All-American on Clarkson’s volleyball team.
- Drafted responses to discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims asserted under state and federal law on behalf of employers across various industries
- Drafted and responded to pleadings and written discovery in state and federal court for claims involving violations of restrictive covenants, misappropriation of trade secrets and confidential information, wrongful termination, breach of employment agreements, breach of fiduciary duties, and other business-related torts
- Advised employers on matters under the Affordable Care Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Title VII, and the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Successfully obtained a temporary restraining order and temporary injunction against former employee for solicitation of customers and use of client’s confidential information
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, State Bar of Texas, Labor and Employment Section
- Member, Houston Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section
- Special Olympics Committee
- Project Train Committee
- Golf Tournament Committee
- Adjunct Professor, Moot Court, South Texas College of Law
- J.D., summa cum laude, South Texas College of Law Houston, 2017
- B.S., Political Science, with distinction, Clarkson University, 2014
Admissions : Texas, 2017
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Rate : $$$