Larissa Calva Ruiz is a member of the corporate practice, and she focuses on entertainment, domestic and international business transactions. Ms. Calva Ruiz specializes in corporate practice and has represented domestic and international clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions, cross-border transactions, joint ventures, foreign investment and incorporation of entities.
She has also represented domestic and international clients before federal and local courts in connection with contract and business tort claims.Ms. Calva Ruiz received her law degree with honors in 2003 from the Universidad lberoamericana in Mexico City (Licenciatura en Derecho, a Juris Doctor equivalent) and a Master of Laws degree in international and comparative law from the University of California, Los Angeles School of Law in 2008.
- Ms. Calva Ruiz’s recent engagements include:
- Acquisition by Grupo Bimbo, one of the top five food corporations worldwide, of the Beijing Panrico Food Processing Center from Apax Partners Worldwide LLP in Beijing, People’s Republic of China
- Joint venture between Grupo Lala and Grupo Bimbo, resulting in the incorporation of Innovación en Alimentos, S.A. de C.V.
- Acquisition of Chieftain Safety Manufacturing by Fire-Dex, LLC
- Complex commercial litigation involving trade secret misappropriation, breach of contract and trademark infringement for a prominent food company
- Various commercial and transactional matters representing a domestic bank and its foreign affiliate
- Representing Bank of America in connection with television motion pictures and television programs including The Big Sick, The Children Act and Life Itself
- Representing Bank of America in the $120 million refinancing of FilmNation Entertainment LLC’s existing credit facility relating to the funding, production, acquisition and distribution of multiple theatrical motion pictures and television programs
- Representing East West Bank, Comerica Bank, MUFG Union Bank, Bank of America, SunTrust Bank, JPMorgan Chase Bank, City National Bank, First Republic Bank on various, single project (theatrical motion pictures and television programs) loans including Lost in Space, Disenchantment, Orange is the New Black, The Expanse, Narcos, John Wick 2, Robin Hood: Origins, Mile 22, Detroit and Wildlife
- Outside general counsel for Barcel USA, LLC, a U.S. subsidiary of Grupo Bimbo
- Purchase by Grupo Sadasi of 100 percent of the shares in Altta Homes, S.A. de C.V., a Mexican homebuilder, from Walton Street Capital
- Incorporation of representation offices of Grupo Bimbo in Beijing and Shanghai
- Joint venture between Barcel (subsidiary of Grupo Bimbo) and Grupo Arcor, resulting in the incorporation of Mundo Dulce, S.A. de C.V. and the opening of a $60 million plant in Toluca, Mexico, one of the largest confectionary plants in Central America
- LL.M., University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, 2008
- New York
Rate : $$$$