Larry D. Blust became a Partner of Hughes Socol Piers Resnick Dym, Ltd. in 2014. Mr. Blust has been in private practice since 1968, except for three years during which he served as a Staff Judge Advocate and Military Judge in the U.S. Air Force. Mr. Blust has extensive experience in virtually every area of corporate, tax, wealth, and real estate law.
Specifically, Mr. Blust practices in the areas of mergers and acquisitions; tax reporting, consulting and controversies; gaming transactions; taxable and tax exempt bonds; infrastructure financing; other types of financing; fund structures; maritime matters; tax credits; entity structuring; wealthy family representation; and real estate law.
Mr. Blust has also conducted a tax dispute practice in federal and state courts. Prior to joining HSPRD, Mr. Blust was a partner at Barnes & Thornburg, where he served as the head of its Chicago Corporate and Business Department.
Prior to that, Mr. Blust was a partner at Jenner & Block, where he was the head of the transitional Tax Department for over 20 years and was on the firm’s Management Committee for 15 years. Prior to receiving his law degree, Mr. Blust received a degree in accounting and an Illinois CPA Certificate and worked for PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- University of Illinois College of Law (J.D. 1968)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (B.S. Accounting 1965)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Illinois (1968)
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Illinois Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northwen District of Illinois – Trial Bar
- Tax Court
- Court of Federal Claims
MEMBERSHIPS / ASSOCIATIONS :
- Member, Board of Directors, Bailiwick Chicago
- Founding Director, Wisdom Bridge Theater (a not-for-profit theater)
- Founding Director, Chicago Moving Company (a not-for-profit dance company)
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Victory Gardens Theatre
- Former Chairman of Operations & Finance Committee and Member, Board of Directors, Augustana Hospital
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Lutheran General Hospital
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Lincoln Park Conservation Association
- Former President and Member, Old Town Triangle Association
- Member, Neighborhood Urban Renewal Advisory Board by appointment of Mayor Byrne and Mayor Daley
- Mr. Blust has also been active in Chicago neighborhood organizations and in zoning and planning matters.
Rate : $$$