Larry M. Golub is a litigator who focuses his practice on a wide range of litigation matters for both insurance and non-insurance clients. With more than three decades of civil litigation experience, his practice focuses on insurance coverage and class action litigation, regulatory work and appellate matters.
In addition, Mr. Golub devotes a portion of his practice to employment matters, agency disputes and banking issues. In addition to representing insurance companies, Mr. Golub’s clients include insurance agents, brokers and insurance trade associations. He regularly defends against lawsuits brought under California’s Unfair Competition Law and the federal RICO Act.
Mr. Golub became a partner at Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in October 2014 upon the merger of Hinshaw and the Los Angeles-based firm of Barger & Wolen LLP. He has been practicing law in both state and federal courts in California for over 34 years.
Professional Affiliations :
- The State Bar of California, Member (1983 – present)
- American Bar Association, Member (1983 – present)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member (1983 – present)
- Claim & Litigation Management Alliance, Member (2012 – present)
Representative Matters :
- Defended a life insurer in California statewide annuity litigation, obtaining denial of fraud, breach of contract and bad faith claims following certification motion. Also obtained dismissal of the plaintiffs’ claim for treble damages for unfair competition causes of action, ultimately taking the issue to the California Supreme Court, where the dismissal was affirmed in a written opinion.
- Represented numerous insurers in multiple actions involving hundreds of workers’ compensation claims brought by air ambulance companies, resulting in dismissal of claims before a federal court and two state courts.
- Class action litigation on behalf of life insurers for claims alleging deceptive sales to senior citizens.Class action litigation arising from earthquake claims against property & casualty insurers.
- Liability coverage under excess policies concerning claims ranging from wildfires to transformer explosions to environmental pollution to asbestos to construction defects.
- Liability coverage issues, including primary and excess, exhaustion, aggregate limits, equitable subrogation and contribution.
- Unfair business practices claims, including sales, claims adjusting, reserve and experience modifier practices, non-renewal and title insurance issues.
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of California, Hastings College of Law, 1983
- B.A., magna cum laude, University of California at Los Angeles, 1979
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
Rate : $$$$