Attorney Larry R. Langdon brings comprehensive experience in the areas of tax controversy and planning to clients’ service. He is widely recognized for his knowledge of federal tax policies and applications and has been characterized by Chambers USA 2006 as “‘a great tax mind.'”
Larry has been a speaker at the American Bar Association Section of Taxation, American Institute of CPAs, Manufacturers Alliance [MAPI], Tax Executives Institute and many other professional and industry groups.
Mayer Brown was recently named Tax Controversy Team of the Year for the second consecutive year in the Legal 500 United States Awards. “Mayer Brown is ‘among the best’ and fields a large team…dedicated exclusively to tax controversy and transfer pricing,” said Legal 500 and its sources in the US edition.
The firm is “regularly seen in the most high-profile controversy cases before the US Tax Court” and produced “yet another impressive run of work” in 2014.
- New York University School of Law, LLM, Taxation
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, JD
- The Ohio State University, BS, Business Administration
- US Supreme Court
- US Tax Court
- American Bar Association, Section of Taxation
- Tax Executives Institute (Santa Clara Valley President, 1984–1985; International President, 1988–1989)
- Manufacturers Alliance for Productivity and Innovation (Chair, Tax Councils I, II and III)
- Chair, Tax and Fiscal Policy, Joint Venture Silicon Valley (1996–1999)
- National Tax Association (Vice President, 1999)
- International Fiscal Association, Council member and Executive Committee member (1996–1999); Executive Vice President (1999); member of 1990–1991 IRS Commissioner’s Advisory Group
Rate : $$$$