Larry Montaño works closely with clients to achieve optimal outcomes in natural resources litigation, commercial disputes, real property matters, and personal injury/wrongful death cases. He regularly speaks and publishes on these subjects.
addition to his trial work, Larry is a Board Member and Former Chairman of the New Mexico State Bar’s Appellate Practice Section and regularly handles appeals before the New Mexico Supreme Court, the New Mexico Court of Appeals, and the U.S. 10th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Larry has successfully defended lending and loan servicing clients in mortgage finance litigation matters, both in the trial and appellate courts, brought by borrowers under the Truth in Lending Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, and Unfair Trade Practices statutes.
Larry is administrative partner for the firm’s Santa Fe office. Prior to joining Holland & Hart, he served as law clerk to The Honorable Bruce D. Black, Federal District Court Judge for the District of New Mexico and, before that, as a law clerk to The Honorable Lynn Pickard, then Chief Judge of the New Mexico Court of Appeals.
- University of New Mexico School of Law, J.D., 1999
- University of New Mexico, B.S., 1996
Bar Admissions : New Mexico
- Federal District Court of New Mexico
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- State Bar of New Mexico, Member
- Board of Directors, State Bar Appellate Practice Section, 2010-present, Past Chair and Member
- American Inns of Court, Oliver Seth Chapter, Barrister
- Pro Bono work for cases in U.S. District Court and New Mexico Court of Appeals
Rate : $$$