Larry Schiffer practices in the areas of commercial, insurance and reinsurance litigation, arbitration and mediation. He also provides advice on coverage, insurance insolvency, and contract wording issues for a wide variety of insurance and reinsurance relationships.
Larry is active in legal and insurance industry associations where he has held various leadership positions. He has lectured in the US, Bermuda and the UK, and has been widely published on reinsurance and other insurance, litigation and technology topics in various national and international journals and publications.
He is editor of the firm’s Insurance and Reinsurance Disputes Blog and the quarterly Reinsurance Newsletter. In addition, Larry serves as a mediator for the mandatory commercial mediation program of the US District Court for the Southern District of New York, and for the New York Supreme Court Commercial Division’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Member, New York State Bar Association; Chair, Committee on Association Insurance Programs, 1999-2008; Member, Commercial and Federal Litigation and Tort, Insurance and Compensation Law Sections
- Editor-in-Chief ARIAS•U.S. Quarterly, Chair, Technology Committee, ARIAS•U.S.; Member, ARIAS•U.S. Ethics Discussion Committee
- Past Vice Chair, Reinsurance Excess and Surplus Lines Section, Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
- Expert Commentator, Reinsurance Issues, International Risk Management Institute
- President, National Alumni Association, Albany Law School of Union University, 2005-2007
- Member, Board of Trustees, Albany Law School of Union University, 2007-2011
- Past Co-Chair and Current Member, Executive Committee, MDA’s Wings Over Wall Street
- Albany Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1979
- City University of New York, Brooklyn College, B.A., magna cum laude, 1976
Rate : $$$