Larry S. Perlman is a partner and litigation lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP. Dr. Perlman advises clients on a wide array of personnel-related matters involving compliance with federal and state labor and employment laws.
Dr. Perlman’s practice also involves assisting clients with a variety of day-to-day human resource issues, such as employee discipline, employee leave, wage and hour questions, and disability accommodation.
He is a member of the Labor & Employment Practice and the Automotive and Health Care Industry Teams.Dr. Perlman regularly represents employers in state and federal courts throughout the nation, as well as in administrative agencies such as the EEOC and NLRB.
He has handled claims involving employment discrimination and harassment under federal and state law (ADA, FMLA, ADEA, Title VII), as well as common law tort and contract actions.
Dr. Perlman also represents management in union-related matters, including unfair labor practice charges before the NLRB, injunctions to stop unlawful union activity, and litigation involving unlawful union secondary activity.
Dr. Perlman drafts and revises handbooks and other employment policies and procedures, participates in company investigations of employee complaints, assists clients with reductions-in-force, and addresses non-competition concerns.
- Successful litigation of unpaid student intern FLSA claims, including summary judgment in three federal district court matters, defeating a consolidated appeal of those cases to the Eleventh Circuit, and defeating a petition for certiorari to the United States Supreme Court.
- Federal court litigation of a “secondary boycott” claim in the context of a union’s longstanding corporate campaign against a Fortune 500 company.
Dr. Perlman earned his law degree, cum laude, from the University of Michigan Law School (J.D., 2007), where he served as contributing editor for the Michigan Journal of Law Reform. He received his M.D. in 1998 from the University of Michigan Medical School and his undergraduate degree in biomedical sciences from the University of Michigan (B.S., 1995).
Dr. Perlman is admitted to practice in Florida, Michigan and before the United States Supreme Court, United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan, the Middle, Northern and Southern Districts of Florida, and the Sixth and Eleventh Circuit Courts of Appeals.
Representative Matters :
- Obtained a complete defense verdict for Miami based passenger cruise line. Former accounting employee alleged violations of the Florida Private Sector Whistleblower Act. Obtained a complete defense verdict after a jury trial in Florida state court.
- Also obtained a judgment of over a $200,000 plus interest against plaintiff for the employer’s attorneys fees and costs.
- Obtained a temporary injunction against former employee who is alleged to be in breach of various employment related covenants.
- The temporary injunction issued by the court, prevents her from selling fabric and related textile products to companies in the hospitality industry on a global basis.
- Provide ongoing strategic advice and problem solving, including counsel concerning traditional labor relations, employment discrimination, wage and hour compliance, and whistleblowers.
Rate : $$$