Larry A. Sykes is Counsel to the Firm in Stoll Keenon Ogden’s Lexington office and has been with the firm since 1983. He is a member of the Labor, Employment & Employee Benefits practice. He has extensive experience with claims of race, age and sex discrimination, sexual harassment, disability discrimination, breach of covenants not-to-compete and whistleblower claims under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
He also practices in areas of traditional labor law and is an Adjunct Professor of Labor Law at the University of Kentucky College of Law. Recently, he represented a Fortune 500 company, Lexmark International, in an action to enforce a non-compete agreement against a company executive who breached his agreement by taking a position with a competing company, Hewlett Packard in California.
He obtained a preliminary injunction against the former executive, and ultimately achieved a settlement that required the executive and Hewlett Packard to comply with the original agreement and pay $525,000 in compensation to Lexmark.
Larry is a member of the Fayette County, Kentucky and American Bar Associations. Active within the community, he has been a LYSA Coach, as well as a Poney Baseball Coach. In addition, he also served on the Lafayette High School Site Based Decision-Making Council for five years. Larry is married with three children and enjoys basketball during his free time.
- University of Kentucky College of Law 1983, J.D.
- Vanderbilt University 1975, B.A., cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- United States Supreme Court
- Kentucky Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Fayette County Bar Association
- Lafayette High School Site Based Decision-Making Council, 2003-2008
- LYSA Coach
- Poney Baseball Coach
Rate : $$$