Latosha M. Ellis helps corporate policyholders facing large losses recover from their insurers.
Latosha has experience representing clients in complex commercial litigation, products liability, alcohol beverage control litigation, and other matters.
She regularly counsels clients on directors and officers liability (D&O), commercial liability, business interruption, employment practices liability, and cyber insurance issues. She has presented at seminars across the country on topics related to insurance coverage, including presenting at the ABA Women In Insurance Network (WIN) annual conference on emerging issues in insurance coverage for cannabis operations.
- Represented the interests of a large utility provider in an action to recover costs related to environmental cleanup from more than two dozen excess liability insurance carriers
- Represented the interests of a real estate developer of nationally leading portfolio in a wrongful death and survival action
- Represented the interests of a multi-national automotive manufacturer in obtaining multiple voluntary dismissals of products liability suits alleging defective airbags
- Successfully defended a multi-national automotive manufacturer in a two week trial in a wrongful death and survival action suit alleging manufacturer and design defects
- Obtained reversal on appeal of a decision by the Virginia ABC Board to terminate an existing beer franchise agreement for a Virginia beer wholesaler
- Prevailed on a motion to dismiss claims of breach of contract for a large garage door corporation
- Represented the interests of a multi-national automotive manufacturer in successful settlement negotiations related to wrongful death and survival actions of five parties and injuries to twelve others
- JD, University of Richmond School of Law, 2014
- MBA, Xavier University, 2005
- BA, University of Cincinnati, 2001
- District of Columbia
- Member, ABA Section of Litigation, 2013 through present
- Co-Chair, Virginia State Bar’s Young Lawyers Conference: Bench Bar Relations Committee , 2017-present; Admissions & Orientation Committee, 2014-2017
- Volunteer Attorney, American Bar Association Free Legal Answers for Virginia, 2015 through present
- Member, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., 2001 through present
Rate : $$$$