Laura A. Colca is a skilled transactional and corporate attorney who brings more than 20 years of experience to her practice. She has led multiple multimillion-dollar merger-and-acquisition transactions, and possesses a deep understanding of the complexities of due diligence, regulatory compliance, and tactical key employee issues in the M&A process.
Laura also regularly drafts complex contracts, and is skilled at negotiating critical business governing agreements, including confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, terms and conditions, distribution agreements, licenses, and commercial leases.
Complementing Laura’s transactional experience is her capability in the litigation arena. Laura is also proficient in commercial and business litigation, including representing clients in commercial disputes in both state and federal courts involving breach of contract issues, corporate dissolution, and trade secret misappropriation.
Rounding out her skill set is Laura’s intellectual property experience. Laura is well-versed in trademark law, having successfully obtained numerous federally registered trademarks for her clients. Additionally, Laura has co-chaired a number of complex patent infringement litigations in federal courts across the country, including appearances before the Federal Circuit.
- Erie County Bar Association: Corporate, Surrogate’s Court, and Matrimonial Committees
- American Business Women’s Association
- WNY Chapter of BNI (Business Network International)
- National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC)
- Professional Women in Construction (PWC)
- Kenmore Mercy Hospital Foundation Board of Directors, Member
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- State University of New York at Buffalo Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1993
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.A., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1990
Rate : $$$