Laura E. Bader has two decades of experience counseling clients in connection with institutional investment and ERISA fiduciary matters, including with respect to the “plan asset” rules and VCOC (venture capital operating company) and REOC (real estate operating company) structuring.
Laura’s experience includes structuring and negotiating private equity, real estate, and other private funds for fund sponsors as well as for institutional investors. She also has counseled ERISA plans, investment managers, and a variety of pooled investment vehicles on ERISA compliance and fiduciary matters. Representative clients include the Morgan Stanley Real Estate Funds, The Riverside Company, and Westbrook Partners.
Laura has served on the advisory board of LadderUp, which provides free tax preparation assistance and financial counseling services to help clients move up the economic ladder.
- The University of Texas at Austin (J.D. 1996; Order of the Coif);
- University of Edinburgh, Scotland (LL.M. 1996);
- The University of Chicago (B.A. in Behavioral Science with honors 1988)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Illinois
- Greystar finances mixed-use multifamily apartment building in Portland, Oregon
- Trinity Hunt Partners forms Trinity Hunt Partners V, L.P.
- Blue Point Capital recapitalizes Next Level Apparel
- Large financial institution provides $850 million credit facility to Bio-Techne Corporation
- Southern Power to sell minority interest in solar portfolio to Global Atlantic Financial Group for $1.175 billion
- Syndicate of financial institutions provide $500 million credit facility to California developer
- Riverside simultaneously acquires four businesses to create Netwatch Global Group
- Starbucks obtains $3 billion revolving credit facility
- Council Capital acquires majority of preferred interests in Triad Learning Systems.
Rate : $$$