Laura R. Biddle advises U.S. and foreign banking organizations, non-depository lenders, and providers of payment and other financial products and services on all aspects of financial services regulations.
Laura advises banks and their holding companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and investors on corporate governance, strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions, chartering and licensing, permissible activities and investments, preemption, affiliate transaction, controlling and non-controlling investments, third-party relationships, and new product development.
Laura advises foreign banking organizations on entry into and activities in the United States. Laura also represents financial institutions and non-bank financial services providers of all types on supervisory-related issues, including examinations, regulatory investigations, and enforcement actions; U.S. anti-money laundering laws; Dodd-Frank implementation; margin regulation compliance; consumer compliance; and state licensing laws.
Laura advises banks on partnerships with fintech companies and provides fintech companies with strategic advice related to compliance with state licensing laws. Laura works closely with federal banking regulators at the Federal Reserve, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), and the Federal Deposit Insurance Commission (FDIC).
She also works with numerous state banking agencies. Prior to practicing law, Laura worked in commercial lending and special assets at what is now one of the largest U.S. banks.
- Assisted numerous banks and bank holding companies with bank and non-bank mergers and acquisitions
- Advised mutual institutions on reorganization and expansion
- Advised banks and bank holding companies on Volcker Rule compliance
- Advised multiple banks on compliance with regulatory enforcement actions
- Assisted a foreign bank in obtaining a representative office license, which was the first U.S. entry of a bank from that country
- Assisted multiple banks on partnerships with fintech companies and the related development and implementation of online lending platforms.
- J.D. magna cum laude Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law 1996
- B.B.A. College of William & Mary 1988
Bar Admissions : California, District of Columbia
Professional Memberships :
- Member, American Bar Association, Banking Law Committee
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, Women in Housing & Finance
Rate : $$$$