Laura M. Booth is an accomplished litigator with more than 20 years of experience. Her practice focuses on business and employment litigation. Laura represents corporations in a wide variety of state and federal employment matters including age, race, disability and sex discrimination, retaliation and harassment as well as in wage and hour class action cases.
In addition, Laura has experience dealing with the California Employment Development Department (EDD) and California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board (CUIAB) in wrongful termination and misclassification claims, guiding clients through the administrative charge process and successfully defending those clients in administrative proceedings.
Laura has also represented several manufacturers and distributors of automobiles and motorcycles in a broad range of product liability matters.
In litigating these cases, Laura has drafted and successfully argued dispositive motions; deposed and defended hundreds parties and witnesses including fact, company and expert witnesses; handled case strategy and development; and negotiated favorable settlements on behalf of clients in multiple mediations.
Laura’s experience aiding clients large and small enables her to cater to a diverse client base across California and beyond.
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, 1995
- B.A., Arizona State University, 1992 (Political Science and Psychology)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- Defense Research Institute
- State Bar of California
- National Charity League of Newport Beach
- President (2014-2015)
- Board Member (2011-2016)
- Member (2009-Presen
- Newport Harbor High School, DaVinci Program Mentor
Rate : $$$$